Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm sitting here at work on Valentine's Day and I'll tell you I'm really bored. I'm so bored I just sit here and observe what's going on in the grocery store. It's amazing how many males are in the store today. Obviously they are all buying flowers, candy, balloons etc... My friend went and wrote down all the prices on the different arrangement of flowers and has been calculating how many people have gone through one checkstand, and what type of arrangement they are purchasing. So far the rough total spent on flowers just from this one checkstand is about $900.00. I can't believe how pricey the flowers are on Valentine's Day, and I feel bad for all the men that are pressured or feel obligated to buy flowers for their sweethearts. Ladies, they aren't cheap, so be appreciative. I hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

mom said...

Happy Valentines Day to you. Men are nice to buy flowers but I personally would rather have fake ones that last a while. But I am happy with any thoughts that express "I Love You!"

Lianne said...

That's crazy! You guys must have had a lot of time on your hands yesterday... It's really interesting to think how much money is spent all over the world for flowers on Valentine's day. I bet it's a LOT!

Annette said...

That's why I always tell Ron to just give me the money if/when he's tempted to buy flowers! I hate to spend that much $$ on something that's just going to die in a few days.

Nancy said...

Flowers are pricey! I got mine today though for 3.00/dozen! It pays to wait!

Tricia said...

Personally I kind of like getting flowers. It makes me feel special. There's something about them only lasting a little while that I like. It makes them even more special. Plus they just smell so good...call me crazy I guess! :) I hope you had a good vday after your boring day at work!!