Sunday, January 11, 2009

Work Stories

Well I had a lady at work the other day who really just made me laugh because of how childish she acted. She came to my station and asked to withdraw some money. I asked her nicely if I could see her ID. She flipped open her wallet and I started writing down the number but couldn't see the expiration year on it. So again I nicely asked her if she knew what year her license expired. She then started to get really ornery with me. She pulled it out so I could see, but then asked me what would happen if it had expired. I told her it would not be a valid ID and I wouldn't be able to accept it. She then got even more ornery and told me it wouldn't matter because it had her name and picture on it. I don't like it when people tell me how to do my job, so again I told her it would still not be valid if it had expired. Well, by then she picked up her receipt, crumpled it up, threw it at me, and started to storm off, when I asked her if she would like her cash she had just taken out. She turned around, got her cash and walked off. Normally something like that would make me very upset, but I just had to laugh. Some people just never grow up (she was probably in her 60's by the way). So in the future, if anyone asks for your ID, don't give them any crap for it. They are just trying to protect you whether it's expired or not.

10 comments:

Traughber's said...

Amen to that I really just don't understand why it is a big deal to show id in the first place. Maybe im just weird...yes thats it

Annette said...

Yes! I've been waiting for you to post some good bank stories! You should have kept her money as a tip for her attitude. (Just kidding.) Thanks for the laugh!

Lianne said...

Some people are so ridiculous! I can't believe she actually threw her paper at you. Some people...

Lianne said...

Oh, and I like the new look of your blog. Way cute!!

Sarah said...

People are crazy and they always have something to complain about. I remember many people like that coming in and I never understood why they were so upset about such stupid things. Maybe one day she'll grow up, although she's running out of time.

Nancy said...

Fun new blog look. People are funny. You should have asked her if she was low! LOL.I never mind showing ID when Im trying to take money out of my account. What if the bank didnt require it? How would that be safe?

Tricia said...

Oh my heck!! I can't believe she actually threw her receipt at you either! I really do wonder about some people... Your blog looks so cute! Thanks for the funny story!

Kanien said...

That is the funniest thing I have heard all day. I just wish I was there to see it. I love it! I miss you guys.

theRach said...

Ahhh...I just love those people. I guess they keep things interesting, don't they? :)

THE PARKS: said...

Hey cute girl! I saw your blog on Sarah's so I took a look and was laughing about this story. Yeah, that is something I don't miss but at the same time, it was pretty funny when I would get members like that. I actually had that same thing happen to me a few times. When I would let the member know that I was just protecting them and their account, they usually piped down. How are you anyway? Are you still at North Orem?