Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm A Slacker

Ok guys sorry I haven't been posting. I feel like I never have anything to put on here so I just don't. Nothing new has been going on with the Dunaways. We've both just been working a lot and just hanging out. We did start a membership with Netflix that we have really enjoyed so far. It's nice not to have to go to the movie store just to walk around and leave with no movies because there is nothing out we want to see. Ryan has been the one picking the movies and I just watch what is brought to our mailbox. The latest movie we watched was The Burbs. Ryan wanted me to watch this movie because we have some neighbors across the street that Ryan and his brother call the Burbs. Now that I have seen the movie, they do have a pretty close resemblance to the family in the movie. It's really kind of creepy but it was a funny movie. But besides watching movies and working we really haven't done anything else.

While Tricia was here Mom, Tricia and I went to the fabric store and Mom suggested she would buy me some material to make a new skirt. I found some material I liked and the other day Mom helped me make it. I had to start out with the simple a-line design and it turned out pretty good thanks to Mom, or it would have been a total disaster. So thank you Mom for helping me! I didn't really have a shirt to go with it so Mom and Dad were really generous and gave me some money to go buy one. So thank you for the shirt as well! But here is the final product. Just ignore the fat girl in the outfit, she is working on getting skinny.


6 comments:

mom said...

Yeh Kara. You posted! And the skirt and shirt look great. I hope you wore it today. It will be nice for church and for Jenna's benefit--it doesn't say Aeropostale. You now look like a classy married lady--not old, just proper for a married lady. That is supposed to be a compliment. We'll have to try sewing another skirt soon.

Annette said...

What fat girl?! I just see a hot chick in a smokin' outfit!

Be You Movies said...

All I see is a gorgeous friend in a really hot, homemade (kudos to you...) skirt. I love the fabric that you chose. It is really sassy. You are wonderful and I miss seeing you!

Emily said...

Great Fabric! And you sewed it! Good job!

Lianne said...

Way to go! I like the skirt. It's way cute! Sounds like you guys are having fun back there in Orem. I'm jealous! I wish we were home. Keep doing lots of fun stuff! And thanks for posting again!

Renae said...

I think the skirt looks great--and like your mom said--like a cute married woman, not a dating teenage.