Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Mark!

So Wednesday was Mark's birthday. I had the day off so I spent most of the day at Mom and Dad's making a skirt and just hanging out. Mark wanted to challenge me in Guitar Hero so we went to my house where Mark quickly found out he wasn't as much competition for me as he thought he was:) Just kidding Mark, you were a worthy opponent. After we played we headed back to Mom and Dad's for an awesome birthday dinner of bratwurst and sauerkraut. It was such a good dinner and a very good choice by Mark. After dinner Mark wanted to play a game of croquet. It was really fun even though I was the first one eliminated. We then had some dessert and just sat around and talked for a little while until Mark had to leave to go up to Salt Lake to hang out with his friends. So Dad, Mom, Ryan and I finished out the birthday celebration by playing miniature gold at Cascade. It was lots of fun, even though the birthday boy wasn't there. We had a great time and we ended the night with some slushes from Sonic. Dad and Mom are so generous and we love spending time with them. It was a really fun day and I hope we can do more things like that more often. Thanks for the fun day!!!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Yeah,Kara! I wish we were there to celebrate with you. I think your skirt turned out really cute. I think you are really cute. we miss you!

Annette said...

Fun! I wish we could have brought some rowdy obnoxious kids (Ron) to the party!

Lianne said...

Sounds like a fun party! And way to kick Mark's butt in Guitar Hero. I'm glad that if I am not the one to do it that he is still getting his butt kicked by someone else! :)

Renae said...

O.K. I must admit that when we first moved to Minnesota and found out Sonic didn't exist here I was very SAD. I usually buy a cherry limeade or two or three while we are in Nebraska so that I can take of my fix for awhile.

Tricia said...

Sounds like such a fun day! I can't wait to get back to fun days like that with all of our favorite people (you guys!!) I'm glad Mark had a good bday and I'm glad you posted about it. Your skirt turned out way cute! And I second Annette. There is no fat girl in that picture! Believe me. I definitely know fat when I see it at this point! ;)