Friday, March 28, 2008

Exercise Is Doing My Body Good!

Ryan and I have started working out consistently everyday. It's been really hard for me, but when I finish I feel really good about myself. Ryan does weight lifting while I run on the treadmill and spend some time on the elliptical. This has been a good thing just because of some of the health problems I have. I found out recently that I have high blood pressure and the doctor told me with some pills and exercise, we can get it where it needs to be. I find the exercise is also helping with my diabetes. Ryan pushes me hard with working out because he wants me to be healthy, and I'm grateful he does. So while he's busy pumping his iron and getting bigger, I'm working on toning down and getting thinner. I'm proud to say that in about a week and a half I have lost 6 pounds. It's really good motivation to see that when you put forth some effort, even though it's hard, you can get results in not too much time. Hopefully I can just keep myself motivated!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Kara, that is so awesome!! We should have a diabetes challenge and see who can test the most, or keep their numbers in range the longetst, or something. I can't wait until this summer and I am going to put all my efforts into getting into an effective exercise routine!

Kizzy said...

I do need to find some new motivation for my blood sugars so we should find something to do. Thanks for the comments!

Lianne said...

That's awesome Kara! I love the feeling after you've just worked out. Way to go!! And that is awesome to get 6 pounds in a week and half!

Annette said...

That's awesome Kara! I find that it's always hard to make myself get on the treadmill but once I'm on I love it! Now I just need to work on consistency again.

Tricia said...

Yeah! Way to go!! That really is awesome! I seriously need to get myself motivated to walk but I'm hoping the morning sickness will wear off soon and I'll be able to feel good enough to get out there and walk. Thanks for helping motivate me too! And congrats on the six pounds!! :)

Leslie said...

Holy smokes, that is awesome and a lot of weight in one week. You go girl!