Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Nature

There was the most incredible lightning/thunderstorm this morning. I woke up about 5:30 am to the sound of thunder. As soon as I opened my eyes I saw lightning going off what seems about every couple of seconds. I layed awake for probably 10 minutes just listening. It really was incredible what was going on outside, I just had to look out my window. Seriously every couple of seconds I saw a bolt of lightning go across the sky. Some were so close to our house that the lightning would go and not more than a second later there would be thunder. It was really loud and I could feel our bed shaking. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little scared, but it was really quite amazing. This earth is such a fascinating place and I am glad we get to experience things like that every once in a while. I'm just glad I wasn't in the mountains!

6 comments:

theRach said...

That was a CRAZY storm, wasn't it? The thunder woke me up around 5:00 a.m. It was so loud it set off my neighbors' car alarms! I went outside to watch the lightning for a while until it started pouring rain and I got soaked.

Lianne said...

That was a really cool storm. I heard the rain start so I closed our windows a bit and then that lightning was awesome! I couldn't believe how loud that thunder was. I was definitely grateful that I was inside!

Nancy said...

Fun!! I love the rain. Maybe not quite that close. But I still love the rain.

Annette said...

That's exactly what Pennsylvania storms are like - scary and amazing all at the same time! Loved it!

Tricia said...

Mom told me about the crazy storm you had and it reminded me of the ones we have out here too. They are definitely fun to watch as long as you're safe! :) I'm glad you got to enjoy some cool lightening if it was keeping you up! Can't wait to see you guys!

Marjie said...

Dixon wanted me to write something for him: Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine Nine!!!!